SEN/D Teaching Assistant
Recruitment for: Two SEN/D Teaching Assistants
Manor Field Primary School
Junction Road, Burgess Hill, RH15 0PZ
Pay Scale: Grade 6 (£20,344 FTE) pro rata, EYFS / KS1 Preference
Working Hours: 8.30am to 3.15pm, Monday to Friday
Contract: Term time only, Temporary Position
Closing date for application: Monday 25th November 2019
Interview date: Thursday 5th December 2019
Start date: Monday 6th January 2019
Are you an experienced SEN or SEND TA who is looking for a new opportunity? Do you have experience working with special needs children and are interested in committing to a challenging and rewarding role?
We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic SEND Teaching Assistant, to support a pupil in the school. The ideal candidate will have completed their CACHE Level 3 qualification (Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools), or have the relevant experience in supporting children’s learning. We are a vibrant, forward-looking school with a great team of happy, supportive and friendly staff and wonderful pupils.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to become fully involved in supporting pupils’ progress and we are looking for people who are confident in their abilities to have an impact on all pupils.
We are looking for someone who is/has:
- Previous experience of teaching students with SEN (ASD/MLD/SLD)
- Able to differentiate based on the child's individual needs
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment
- Reliable & punctual
- Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
- Ability to develop rapport with SEN individuals
- Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN
- Any experience of PECS/Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant approaches to communication and play are advantageous but not essential
About the Role - SEN TA
- You will be responsible for working with a student in Reception who has social and communication difficulties and requires intimate care.
- You will use resources to help the student understand and engage in lessons
- You will have additional support in the classroom from other support staff
We can offer:
- A positive and supportive teaching environment
- A commitment to your continuing professional development
Manor Field is a large primary school on the outskirts of Burgess Hill with approximately 500 pupils on roll and less than a 5 minute walk from Wivelsfield Station. We enjoy all of the benefits of a large school including team working, a spacious building and excellent outdoor facilities.
Manor Field Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and the successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and DBS clearance.
Please email your completed application for the attention of Lucie Ager, PA to Headteacher at email@example.com or by post to Manor Field Primary School, Junction Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 0PZ. If you would like to visit the school in advance of submitting an application, please contact the office on 01444 233368 to arrange an appointment.
Click below on the relevant documents: