Special Educational Needs
Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator: Dr K James
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01444 233 368
At Manor Field, we pride ourselves on being an inclusive school that supports every child in becoming successful learners, plus developing all the necessary skills and values to live a full, flexible and rewarding life.
We believe that all our children and young people are entitled to a high quality education, one that is appropriate to their needs, promotes high standards and the fulfilment of potential. This should enable them to:
- Achieve their best
- Become confident individuals living fulfilling lives and
- Make a successful transition into adulthood, whether into employment, further education or training (SEND 0-25 Code of Practice, 2015, p92)
As a school we:
- Ensure that all pupils have equal opportunities and access to a curriculum which meets their individual needs
- Actively seek to remove barriers to learning and participation that can hinder or exclude pupils with special educational needs.
- Ensure that responsibility for provision for pupils with SEND remains an integral part of the whole school provision
- Work in close partnership with parents, West Sussex Local Authority and other key agencies so that the needs and strengths of each pupil with SEND are fully understood and there is a collaborative and co-ordinated approach to planning and reviewing provision.
To find out more information about the provision at Manor Field please read our SEND Information Report using this link:
To find out more information regarding the services and support available from a range of local agencies use the linkWest Sussex Local Offer
To access our SEND Policy
If you are concerned about your child please do not hesitate to speak with their class teacher.